Connections Community Church has the following openings:
Neighborhood Initiative Coordinator
Internship Opening: Connections Community Church Irvine is a Christian church looking for an intern who will serve as our Neighborhood Initiative Coordinator. The position offers a stipend of $10.00 per hour, @ 5 hours per week. The position is for 1 year, with the possibility of extension, depending on your school program needs. We will sign off on your hours and provide a reference that will augment your portfolio. Over time this internship has the possibility of expanding into a paid staff position as we increase numerically.
Who may apply? College students, freshman through junior year.
Duties require that you are:
• a self-starter, able to “hit the ground running” as you begin to map out neighborhoods that we will reach;
• outgoing, extrovert personality, one who is friendly, warm, able to relate well to strangers we will serve, as well as, a staff of non-paid volunteers who you will recruit, serve with and supervise;
• able to share the gospel, pray with people with ease as we go door to door in outreach;
• able and experienced in community organizing or the equivalent;
• able to attend weekly supervision meeting with Lead pastor;
• fully able to train other volunteers in community outreach (after undergoing orientation and training yourself with pastor) and meet with volunteers weekly;
• able to keep accurate records and submit timely reports;
• able to follow-up with neighborhood contacts and respond to their needs as is appropriate, and make social service referrals if necessary;
• not connected with a church currently and able to participate in our core group weekly as part of your internship (we do not want to take anyone from his or her church and we need dedication to CCC);
• excited about Connections’ church plant vision, and willing to give beyond your paid time commitment, as opportunity may present
Position Start Date: Immediately. We welcome you to submit your resume with references, and look forward to hearing from you!!
Please contact Connections Community Church, Irvine
Interviews will be scheduled when there is a short list.